Saturday, January 23, 2010
Day 7 Cozumel Mexico
Our last port was Cozumel Mexico. We wanted to get a shot of our ship so here it is. It is the one behind the black one. I know it looks overcast, but it was hot in Cozumel.
We wanted to do zip lines somewhere on our trip. I wish we had done them in Belize where the jungle was so dense, but Cozumel was fun too. We were outfitted in the safety gear and given a short instruction course. The guides had a sense of humor, but were very safe.
Ok, when you go on a zip line, you are supposed to bend your knees like you are sitting and cross your ankles. I don't think I remembered to do that once. The first time I jumped off I was very nervous and tense. I think I was the only one who screamed out of our whole group. Then again maybe the others were just so far away I couldn't hear.
Jonathan on the other hand was jumping off the towers and twisting around and flying like superman.
When we were finished we went around and took a picture of the local poultry.
On our first trip to Cozumel we traveled for 2 hours each way to Tulum to visit the ruins. They were impressive and there was a beautiful beach nearby, but it was a lot of traveling and the shuttle boat to the mainland was so rocky and stuffy most of the passengers threw up (including me). We didn't need to go all the way to Tulum this time because near the pier there is a small rendition of the ruins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment