Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day

This morning we woke up to an inch of snow on the lawn. I woke my boys up by saying Merry Christmas boys, come see what Santa left under the tree. I've never had an easier time getting them out of bed on a school morning. Tyler looked outside and saw all the fresh snow, gasped and ran into the living room, where he found no tree and no presents, only his mom grinning and saying "April Fools". My boys knew it was coming and they knew what it entailed and they laughed. For breakfast we had ravioli. I don't think I will be having ravioli again for breakfast ever again, but maybe pizza. Here's our dinner:
This is meatloaf frosted in mashed potatoes made to look like a cake.
And here's our dessert:

The chicken nuggets are pound cake dipped in icing then rolled in finely chopped peanuts. Tyler really liked these. The peas are runts. The mashed potatoes is ice cream with mixed caramel and chocolate sauce for the gravy. the ketchup is pureed strawberries mixed with a little jam and the mustard is vanilla pudding with some yellow food color.
Yummy
Such a fun day. Hope your April fools was fun too.

3 comments:

  1. You're such a cool mom Deborah. If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ideas, Deborah! If I tried tricking Brady with pizza for breakfast, he'd actually really enjoy it....He likes cold pizza for breakfast. Really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Avery was sitting on my lap while we were looking at your post. She asked if I made it...because she could see my hand in the last picture. !!!
    Not funny, since I'm pretty sure that's Jon's hand. :) My hand size says I should be better at palming a basketball.

    ReplyDelete