Friday, July 10, 2009

Cub Scouts

What do I spend my time doing? (When I'm not decorating cakes). Well, I get to be the Wolf Den Leader in Cub Scouts and once a week I get to go to scouts. It could quite possibly be the best calling there could be. It's like having a birthday party once a week. In this picture we went up the canyon, I let my scouts build the fire and light matches. We talked about fire safety, we talked about how to be prepared when you are outdoors and each scout was required to toast a perfect marshmallow. (It's harder than it seems for an eight year old boy)


After they toasted the perfect marshmallow, they could burn as many as they wanted, but most of the scouts were surprised at how good a perfectly toasted marshmallow tasted and attempted to do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment